This module will provide a summary of the corporate governance aspects most relevant to the supervisory boards of Croatian companies.
An overview of supervisory boards and directors’ responsibilities, covering:
- The respective roles of the supervisory board and the management board;
- The key responsibilities of the supervisory board (including strategy oversight, risk, corporate culture, major capital expenditure, and public disclosures);
- The legal duties of supervisory board members.
Current developments in corporate governance, including:
- Implications for companies of new and forthcoming EU and Croatian legislation, including the EU Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive and Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive;
- HANFA’s expectations and observations of Croatian companies’ governance practices;
- Investors’ expectations of Croatian companies, including in relation to ESG and sustainability.
How to develop an effective supervisory board. This will include practical insights of company leaders in Croatia, covering:
- The supervisory board’s skills profile and succession planning;
- The role of the Chair;
- Effective board dynamics;
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the supervisory board’s functioning;
- The role of key board committees.
Seminar se može pohađati samostalno ili kao dio programa: